Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 2 green onions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red & yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbls dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup spanish olive oil
- 2 tbls melted butter
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the peanut oil and butter. Shape into patties . Put in fridge to help keep mold. If mixture is a little dry, add a tbls of mayonnaise.
Combine butter and oil then heat mixture in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm aoili or selected sauce.