Monday, November 28, 2011
1. A Mental Diagnostic- Many women spend very little time figuring out what exactly is causing their decline in health. For example, for many women it is overeating (ourselves included). Have you ever thought about why you overeat? Is it out of nervousness or social courtesy? Did someone tell you as a child to always finish your plate because other starving children would appreciate it more? Whatever the reason is for your ailment, many times if you give it some thought, you can pinpoint the culprit of your stressors. It is a great starting point! We suggest journaling to track your feelings and habits when you engage in unhealthy activities like over eating.
2. An Appointment- Don't do it alone! There are huge advantages to seeing a medical professional to help in your journey. They can give you insight on what kind of legwork you have to do to remedy the problem. In the case of overeating, they can formulate a diet regimen for you to follow to attain your goals! The care plan is completely tailored to you, and is much safer than taking another person's word for it.
3.Commitment to a Routine- Do you ever watch horror films and there is always that one character who doesn't stick to the plan and their fate goes horribly awry? This is not the type of situation. Your habits are your habits and they take time to break, so give yourself wiggle room for a period of adjustment (be sensible). Make up your mind that you are going to put you first! Stick to the plan! The impending results will create a desire to continue in your routine.
There are infinite possibilities in you for displaying your best self! The world deserves a chance to bask in your presence while you are radiating your most attractive, positive energy! That's what being an LA Girl is all about!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
1. RSVP!!! We can't stress enough the importance of how this common courtesy not only plays into the perception what kind of guest you are, but it allows the host to know the quantity of preparation required for the evening.If you're bringing a guest make that known too! It's rude to show up and take Grandma Eunice's plate and leave her with nothing to eat.
2. Timing is Everything- If the get together time is listed at 6pm, don't show up at 7:30 when the food is ready to be served. You're completely undermining the deeper purpose of socialization that Thanksgiving gathering stands for. The food is not the reason for the gathering, the people are.
3. Offer to Bring Something- We don't care if it is napkins, or your finest port wine, make it known that you wish to be a contribution to the occassion and not just leech off the host's efforts. The key word is OFFER. Don't force your offerings upon the host. Your intention may be just enough.
4. Dress Like You Have Sense- This is not the club, nor are you applying to be a nun. Wear something comfortable and casual. Traditionally appropriate attire consists of skirts just above the knee or dresses at the calf. Rule of thumb: It is better to over dress for the occasion than under dress.
5. Please and Thank You's - These simple words were taught when you were 5 years old, yet the magic of them never ceases. Use them often and sincerely.
6. Offer to Assist in the Clean Up- The worst thing a guest can do is dine and ditch. If you have to cut the evening in that household short, offer to clean up along the way by at least collecting the plates after the meal. There is always something that can be done to aid the host.
7. Let's Talk Turkey- Let's NOT talk about politics, religion, or re-live the drama cousin Archie caused some 3 years ago. The conversation should be light, positive, and uplifting. The host puts a lot of work in to making the day into a positive memory. The only pot stirring should be the one in the kitchen.
You can be the life of the party... these tips just help make sure you get invited back to the next party. CHEERS!
Saturday, November 19, 2011
- Eat Breakfast - I know you've heard it before, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" Well, it is! Eating your first meal early prevents "starvation eating" and revs up your metabolism.
- Increase your Veggie Intake - Vegetables fill you up without increasing your "Bottom Line". Strive for eating two to three cups daily. Try veggie patties instead of a regular meat pattie! You can season it to your liking.
- Use a Smaller Plate - The only thing that should be stuffed is the turkey! Using a smaller plate helps with portion size control. It can even serve as a great gift idea for your friends. See if you can start a healthy trend among your loved ones. Note: This will not work if you vertically pile the whole buffet onto this small plate.
- Eat a Small Piece of Fruit Before Bedtime - Use this tip only if you feel hungry before bed; If you go to bed hungry, then your body's metabolism will slow down and save the calories you accumulated throughout the day to compensate for the starvation time during your sleep. Choose your snack wisely! Just because french fries are made from potatoes doesn't means its a go-to snack.
- Become Best Friends with Mr. Sandman - Seriously, lack of sleep can increase your appetite which can lead to an extra 500 calories a day. Try for at least 7 hours a night. Nothing is open late except fast food so if you are asleep, you're not binge eating.
- Add Vitamin D to your diet - Best known as the "sunshine vitamin" because our bodies make it when exposed to sunlight and it helps to shed pounds. Experts recommend daily supplements of up to 2,000 milligrams. Being active also helps your body process vitamin D more efficiently, so get in the sun and have some winter fun!
- Cooking at Home - When you cook your food at home, you control what you are putting into your body. Most restaurants are not calorie conscious and meals tend to be a little bit higher in fat. By bringing out your own inner chef, you're doing your body some good!
- Drink Neurotrim - Do you ever walk into the holidays with a strict plan and once you get around all the delectables you can't control yourself? Neurotrim is our standout recommendation against food gorging. It acts as a yummy appetite suppressant and a boost of fiber to your diet! A must have 30 minutes before walking into "Temptation Central"!
- Laugh - One more excuse to sit next to that Uncle who makes all the jokes and all the funny holiday stories. A 10 minute round of laughter can shave off 10-40 calories.
- Slow Down - The slower you eat, the less food you will consume. Your stomach has stretch receptors that tell your brain when your body is full. It takes about 20 minutes for the cycle to take effect, so savor those holiday flavors!
We love hearing from you! Use these tips and let us know how they are working for you!