|Photo by Hosstess With The Mosstess|
Summer is my favorite time of the year! It's officially 29 days until the first official day of Summer and Memorial day marks the beginning of endless fabulous parties. Hostess with the Mostess shared a cute theme and free printables to make sure your party is memorable among your guests. To make sure you enjoy your party and to spend time with your guests, make do-it-yourself stations and let your guests create their own creations. I think themed parties are a lost art and when done right show the passion and sophistication that the host possess. Be a leader among the pack and show your guests how to party.
- Stick to 1 or 2 signature cocktails and fill in the gaps with wine, beer and fruit infused water
- Keep it Simple- The host should only be replenishing, NOT slaving away over a hot stove! Have a spread of assorted cheese, crackers, gourmet chips, dips and finger foods.
- If you don't have a DJ, make sure you have an impeccable play list. The music controls the flow of the party. Keep it sexy and skip the Top 40 tunes. Make sure the play list is several hours long and put it on repeat!
- Skip the smokey hair and clean-up as you order a few dishes from a caterer or your favorite restaurant. Having a few items catered saves time and your sanity.You'll thank me later!
- If your guests ask can they bring something, tell them yes! Have them bring the selected spirit of choice for your themed drink or anything that will keep the party going. If you need extra bites to nosh have them stop and pick up a treat.
- Include your guests in on the fun and opt for potluck style party. Your guests will not arrive at the same time so make sure you provide the key items.
- Have fun and take lots of pictures. Parties are meant to be enjoyed and we all love looking back on priceless moments.
|Photo by weddingpaperdivas|
|Photo by luciapaul|
|Photo by Marth Stewart|
|Photo by cooking|
|Photo by countryliving|
|Photo by topicden|
|Photo by brightboldbeautiful|
Looking back on the best Memorial Day parties you've attended, what elements made it your pick for "Best Memorial Day Party?"